archiva-users mailing list archives

From Joakim Erdfelt <joa...@erdfelt.com>
Subject Re: Any way to ignore LayoutExceptions?
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2008 02:19:05 GMT
How about we do this ...

1) Attempt to detect layout
1a) Is it default layout?
  Translate to repository layout structure and return resource.
1b) Is it legacy layout?
  Translate to repository layout structure and return resource.
2) Does resource exist as-is?
    Return resource.
3) Fail

?

Step 2 would be new.
What sort of failure (other than 404) would be appropriate in Step 3?

- Joakim

Brett Porter wrote:
> Yes - I agree.
>
> On 08/03/2008, Brown, Carlton <Carlton.Brown@compucredit.com> wrote:
>
>> I could be naïve but in my mind, if you're providing an interface to browse a directory
structure, each displayed element should be accessible.  It's weird when directory contents
(like jar files) are displayed, but the interface throws layout exceptions when they're clicked
on.