archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Maria Odea Ching" <och...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Archiva Search for classnames in artifacts
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 06:55:34 GMT
Hi Marc,

This feature is only available in the old Archiva versions, specifically
only up to 0.9-alpha-2. In the latest Archiva releases, you can add or
remove different file types to be indexed by the index-content consumer, but
i don't think adding .jar files would work as they still need to be
unpacked, and this is not supported by the consumer. I think there's a
consumer already in-place in the source code which is specifically for
indexing the files/classes & methods in a packaged file, but it is only just
a stub and has no implementation yet.

I created http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-730 to keep track of this.

HTH,
Deng