archiva-users mailing list archives

From Papapara Tudu <papaparat...@poczta.onet.pl>
Subject Re: Archiva getting very slow
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:40:56 GMT

Wendy Smoak-3 wrote:

> I assume you're using the 1.0 release.  Are you proxying any remote
> repos?  I would check to see if all the remote repos are still
> available.
>
> And watch the log file and see if there are any clues there.

Thanks, Wendy.

You were right, the connection to the remote repository was wrongly
configured.
I'm not sure if this is the correct behaviour, but Archiva was attempting to
connect to that repository on each artifact download requested by any
developer, even for artifacts that are not public.
This could be seen in these logs:

jvm 1    | 2008-01-28 14:08:44,581 [SocketListener0-1] WARN
org.apache.maven.ar
chiva.proxy.RepositoryProxyConnectors:default  - Transfer error from
repository
"central" for artifact abc.def.ghi:something:1.2::pom, continuing to next r
epository. Error message: Download failure on resource
[http://repo1.maven.org/m
aven2/abc/def/ghi/something/1.2/something-1.2.pom]:Error transferring file

Only after trying to connect to the remote repository for a few minutes for
each artifact did Archiva actually look into its local repository and then
send the artifact to the developer.

Cheers,
Papapara Tudu