archiva-users mailing list archives

From Clifton <clifton.cr...@gmail.com>
Subject Cannot install on Windows!
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 15:04:51 GMT

I've been watching the Archiva project for a while now and I really want to
start using it since its been released. However, I've never been successful
in getting Archiva to install and run properly. I just downloaded the
standalone distro this morning and tried running run.bat console and I get
the following error:

wrapper  | --> Wrapper Started as Console
wrapper  | Launching a JVM...
jvm 1    | java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Files\Research
jvm 1    | Exception in thread "main"
wrapper  | JVM exited while loading the application.
wrapper  | Launching a JVM...
jvm 2    | java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Files\Research
jvm 2    | Exception in thread "main"
wrapper  | JVM exited while loading the application.
wrapper  | Launching a JVM...
jvm 3    | java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Files\Research
jvm 3    | Exception in thread "main"
wrapper  | JVM exited while loading the application.
wrapper  | Launching a JVM...
jvm 4    | java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Files\Research
jvm 4    | Exception in thread "main"
wrapper  | JVM exited while loading the application.
wrapper  | Launching a JVM...
jvm 5    | java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Files\Research
jvm 5    | Exception in thread "main"
wrapper  | JVM exited while loading the application.
wrapper  | There were 5 failed launches in a row, each lasting less than 300
seconds.  Giving up.
wrapper  |   There may be a configuration problem: please check the logs.
wrapper  | <-- Wrapper Stopped
Could someone advise me what the problem is? I might try just plugging the
war into an instance of Tomcat for now and see how far I get with that.
Still I'm a little nervous about using this for production.