archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Brett Porter" <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Disabling guest registration
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2007 16:44:09 GMT
On 04/12/2007, Luis Arias <kaaloo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well actually I was also trying to understand the connection between
> the two ! :)
>
> For the moment I would like to disable the ability for new people to register.

This isn't actually possible right now (but the feature is already
requested). You could edit the xwork configuration to force it if
necessary - but users created in this way do not have permissions
other than default.

> Later on, we might like to deploy some artifacts that shouldn't be
> world readable. So I imagine that might have an impact on the guest
> user.

While the pre-configured repositories are configured for guest access,
all new ones are not and all can be changed - so you'll be able to
control this as needed.

--
Brett Porter