archiva-users mailing list archives

From thorque <thorsten.kam...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Trying to run both Archiva and Continuum
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 09:24:03 GMT

Hello,

I have tried this at Tomcat 6 with success:

1. Define a GlobalResource in Tomcats conf/server.xml:

<Resource name="SystemUsers" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
           username="sa"
           password=""
           driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
           url="jdbc:derby:${devel.server.home}/databases/users;create=true"
/>

2. Create a ResourceLink in the context.xml of Archiva and Continuum:
<ResourceLink name="jdbc/users"
            global="SystemUsers"
            type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

Now you can restart Tomcat. The UserDatabase will be started once and every
Webapp having a ResourceLink can reuse the database.
To avoid unauthorized access to this database it is useful to run a seperate
Tomcat instance for continuum and archiva.
An alternative to this is the use of a DB-Server (Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL,...).

Thorsten

Hilco Wijbenga-2 wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to set up both Archiva and Continuum on the same box. I
> would like to have them run in the same Plexus instance and on the
> same port number but that seems too complicated to accomplish (for me
> :-) ).
>
> I found an email by Arnaud Bailly ("Continuum+archiva in same
> application") but the information seems out of date.
>
> Giving up on one Plexus instance and a single port number ... how
> about sharing the user database?
>
> I changed the database location in plexus.conf (both in Archiva and
> Continuum) and now both Continuum and Archiva use the same database
> ... but apparently not at the same time. I can run either Archiva *or*
> Continuum but not both. The app that gets started last fails to
> connect to the user database.
>
> I had a look on the Plexus site to see if I could find anything there
> (I assume I have to configure Plexus somehow to get this to work) but
> no luck.
>
> Would anyone be able to shed some light on this and/or point me in the
> right direction?
>
> Cheers,
> Hilco

-----
Thorsten Kamann
Software-Architect, Coach

http://www.itemis.de
http://www.thorsten-kamann.de

Please visit the Fornax-Platform, the development platform for MDSD related
component and tools:
http://www.fornax-platform.org/