archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Filesystem Users, Groups and Permissions
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:28:53 GMT
On 8/24/07, Cameron Jones <cmhjones@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've got archiva installed under tomcat and running as a tomcat user.

We've had multiple reports of problems running Archiva on Tomcat, if
you've got it working, please share your setup and tips here:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Archiva+on+Tomcat

(Or just post to the list if that's easier and someone can update the page.)

> Is there a way to get tomcat to write files under a different user or
> group, or set the permissions on the new files? I've got a few things
> running under tomcat so i don't really want to provide full access to
> the repository but i'm not sure if there is any way of doing this.

Not that I know of... I'd probably give Archiva its own Tomcat
instance with separate permissions.

--
Wendy