archiva-users mailing list archives

From Joakim Erdfelt <joa...@erdfelt.com>
Subject Re: Repository Scanners.
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2007 16:54:01 GMT
Barrie Treloar wrote:
> I'm using Archiva 1.0 Alpha 2,
>
> When I edit a repository definition and disable "Scannable" and save
> my changes, the changes appear to be ignored on the Repositories
> screen.
>
> There also appears to be no information about how much work is left in a scan.
> When I watch the logs from the repository scanner I get the impression
> that it is rescanning stuff it has already scanned but I am not
> entirely sure.
>
> Are these known issues?
>
> Is there a way to edit the configuration files directly and disable scanning?

The configuration is stored in the $HOME/.m2/archiva.xml file.
Feel free to edit that file.

An example of the contents of that file can be found at ...

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/archiva/trunk/archiva-base/archiva-configuration/src/main/resources/org/apache/maven/archiva/configuration/default-archiva.xml?view=markup

As for the the Scannable flag, it is known not to work with Remote
Repositories.
But it should work with Local repositories.

I filed an jira to track the issue surrounding the Scannable option -
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-442

--
- Joakim Erdfelt
  joakim@erdfelt.com