archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Horwitz" <mike.horw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: no "/proxy" url ?
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 09:10:03 GMT
Hi Nicolas,

Suffered from exactly the same problem a few weeks back - turns out the
Archiva team have removed the proxy distinction. To access your repository,
you simply go to the webdav URL (whatever the URL you set up for the
repository). This URL now provides all the proxy functionality (at least as
far as I have tested it), and should work for Maven 1 requests as well. You
do need to do some extra work to get everything working though: the webdav
URL is secured, so by default will ask for a username and a password. To
allow for anonymous access, you need to grant the guest user the
repository_observer role on all your repositories.

Another little catch to look out for with Maven 1 and Archiva is handling of
dependencies of type plugin - not sure if the bug has been fixed, but we had
to apply a patch to get everything working. You should find the details in
the Archiva bug tracking database, if not let me know and I can post them up
here again.

Mike.