archiva-users mailing list archives

From Joakim Erdfelt <joa...@erdfelt.com>
Subject Re: Creation of a tag for a stable 'just works' Archiva version
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 18:37:27 GMT
Out of curiosity, what's important ...

1) Archiva serving up maven 1 (legacy) layout repositories.  (easy / done)
2) Archiva conversion of maven 1 repository to maven 2 repository.
(easy / done)
3) Archiva being able to proxy maven 2 content for maven 1 clients.
(moderate / needs work)
4) Archiva being able to serve relocated artifacts to maven 1 clients
transparently. (moderate / needs work)
5) Archiva gui having ability to artifact relocations. (moderate / needs
work)

Archiva does not know who is connecting to it.
It could be a maven 1 client, it could be a maven 2 client, it could be
a user.

If we assume that legacy layout repositories are only served to maven 1
clients, then we can handle points 3 and 4 above.  But if a maven 2
client uses the legacy repository, then points 3 and 4 could mask and/or
hide the relocation warnings on the client side.  Is that behavior
acceptable?

- Joakim