archiva-users mailing list archives

From Peter.Pilg...@ubs.com
Subject RE: Giving up on Archiva
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 18:18:25 GMT

Hi

I'd second that emotion, especially if you trying this out with
a rigourous firewall team. I am not sure what Archiva is using under
the hood for the net communication, but I will guess it is a Commons
Http Client
or other library. This is probably the cause of the lack of verbosity
in the comms error in your message earlier. Until that low-level lib
is fixed or better understood by the developer then the user will be
a victim of comms errors.

==////==

> Peter.Pilgrim wrote:

> > I last reviewed the state of art with Archiva in October last year.
> > Are you able to deploy to your local internal repository as well?
> >
> > Do you run Archiva with just command line with Jetty?
> > What are your experiences of running inside Tomcat, if you
> have tried
> > that?
==////==

--
Peter Pilgrim
UBS Investment Bank,

Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

related financial instruments.

UBS Limited is a company registered in England & Wales under company
number 2035362, whose registered office is at 1 Finsbury Avenue,
London, EC2M 2PP, United Kingdom.

UBS AG (London Branch) is registered as a branch of a foreign company
under number BR004507, whose registered office is at
1 Finsbury Avenue, London, EC2M 2PP, United Kingdom.

UBS Clearing and Execution Services Limited is a company registered
in England & Wales under company number 03123037, whose registered
office is at 1 Finsbury Avenue, London, EC2M 2PP, United Kingdom.