archiva-users mailing list archives

From drekka <derek.clark...@aegeon.com.au>
Subject RE: Giving up on Archiva
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 12:00:30 GMT

Hi Peter,

I'm just about to get into deploying to the local repository. All things
being equal I'm hoping it should be more straight forward. I'll cerrtainly
amend the guide with a basic example of doing it once I've got it working in
the next day or so.

As for Jetty and Tomcat. Jetty was the thing that gave me the grief
originally. I've never tried Jetty before so not knowing how to set it up
and configure it didn't help. However when I see step 1 ... step n
instructions that claim to get up up and running I expect they work. It was
not the case with the Jetty instructions I found on the Archiva site. I
thought about trying the Tomcat instructions but at that time found the doco
for running archiva standalone. So I switched to that mode because it seemed
to me that running just it (even though it uses Jetty internally) would
remove any noise created by not configuring the web server correctly.

So at the moment if someone asks my opinion I would say that if you are very
experienced in using Tomcat or Jetty then by all means try adding Archiva as
a webapp. Otherwise I wouls suggest going standalone until you have a good
reason to want to integrate it. KISS ;-)

ciao
Derek