archiva-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From drekka <derek.clark...@aegeon.com.au>
Subject Re: Giving up on Archiva
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 05:16:24 GMT

Thanks for replying guys. I apologise if my post is rather in your face. I
was a bit frustrated. Anyway. The reason I was trying achiva is that I've
been tasked with assessing maven for our systems and we need to have company
repositories so that locally developed APIs/?? can be stored. For example:

My PC:
1. Download missing jars from LAN Proxy.
2. Deploy finished Jars to LAN repository.

LAN Proxy/Repository:
1. If request for jar is in LAN Repository then send it back to my PC.
2. If request for jar from my PC is not in LAN repository, download from
"central", store in LAN repository, then send to my PC.

So I setup achiva using the command line version, created a repository with
an id = "aegeon", name = "aegeon" and directory
="/home/maven-repository/aegeon".

I then added a proxy entry name = "maven-proxy" url =
"http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2", local repository = "aegeon(aegeon)"

Then I copied the junit repository directories from my .m2/repository area
up to the server's /home/maven-respository/aegeon directory so I could test
the retrieval.

I then added the following to my pom:

<repositories>
	<repository>
		<id>aegeon</id> 
		<name>Aegeon repository</name>
		<url>http://192.168.0.133:2222/repository/aegeon</url>
		<releases>
		<enabled>true</enabled>
		</releases>
		<snapshots>
		<enabled>true</enabled>
		</snapshots>
		</repository>
</repositories>

I deleted my local .m2/repository/junit directory and executed (via eclipse)
the maven compile target. This worked perfectly, I saw logging messages
indicating that maven was retrieving the junit directories from the
repository I had setup.

I deleted the .m2/repository/junit directories again and changed the pom to:

<repositories>
	<repository>
		<id>aegeon</id> 
		<name>Aegeon repository</name>
		<url>http://192.168.0.133:2222/proxy/maven-proxy</url>
		<releases>
		<enabled>true</enabled>
		</releases>
		<snapshots>
		<enabled>true</enabled>
		</snapshots>
		</repository>
</repositories>

This time, I saw messages in the archiva log indicating it was looking for
junit and failing to find it. My local maven build then drew it down from
"central" itself. 

I tried a number of other things, such as setting the repository/proxy up in
the mirrors section of my settings.xml, setting them as overrides of
"central" which of course just resulted in a total build failure because
then it could not find junit at all ;-).

ciao
Derek
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Giving-up-on-Archiva-tf2923923.html#a8190935
Sent from the archiva-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message