archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Dalton, Steve" <Steve.Dal...@csq.qld.gov.au>
Subject Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository: nullbasic
Date Sun, 28 Jan 2007 23:28:36 GMT
Hi All

I've just discovered Archiva and this is my first post to the list. Have
spent a bit of time over the last few days building and setting it up.
Tried a few different ways of deploying it and eventually settled on
tomcat as this is what I am most familiar with.

My eventual goal is to have 2 repositories - 1 internal and 1 a mirror
of central - mirrored through archiva. This way my users don't need to
have an internet connection to use maven or have to worry about proxies
etc.

I realise the documentation is a little bit unorganised, so I've done a
lot of reading, tried most of the combinations that are described on the
maven site and in the wiki and scoured the list archives before posting
to this list.

After mixed results I've now gone back to a very simple setup (1
repository - no proxying) and it appears that that whatever I seem to do
I end up with this error in the logs:

2007-01-29 08:51:27,526 [http-8080-Processor18] ERROR
[RepositoryServlet]            - Allocate exception for servlet
RepositoryServlet
org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLookupExcept
ion: Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository:
nullbas
ic (lookup realm: ClassRealm[plexus.core, parent: null]).
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultComponentLookupManager.lookup(DefaultComponen
tLookupManager.java:93)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultComponentLookupManager.lookup(DefaultComponen
tLookupManager.java:144)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer
.java:334)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.webdav.servlet.AbstractWebDavServlet.lookup(Abstract
WebDavServlet.java:167)
        at
org.apache.maven.archiva.web.repository.RepositoryServlet.initComponents
(RepositoryServlet.java:91)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.webdav.servlet.AbstractWebDavServlet.init(AbstractWe
bDavServlet.java:89)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.webdav.servlet.multiplexed.MultiplexedWebDavServlet.
init(MultiplexedWebDavServlet.java:54)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.jav
a:1105)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:7
57)
        at
e.java:130)
        at
e.java:178)
        at
:126)
        at
:105)
        at
java:107)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:1
48)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:86
9)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.proc
essConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint
.java:527)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollow
erWorkerThread.java:80)
        at
.java:684)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

An except of my current configuration is below:

Settings.xml
============

    <server>
      <id>deployment.webdav</id>
      <username>deploy</username>
      <password>deploy</password>
    </server>

(Have created this user in admin console).

Pom.xml
=======

  <distributionManagement>
    <snapshotRepository>
      <id>internal</id>

<url>dav:http://groundhog.detir.qld.gov.au:8080/archiva/repository/inter
nal</url>
    </snapshotRepository>
  </distributionManagement>

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>internal</id>
      <name>Internal Repostiroy</name>

<url>http://groundhog.detir.qld.gov.au:8080/archiva/repository/internal/
</url>
      <releases>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
      </releases>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
      </snapshots>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
      <version>3.8.1</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

  <build>
    <extensions>
      <extension>
        <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
        <artifactId>wagon-webdav</artifactId>
        <version>1.0-beta-1</version>
      </extension>
    </extensions>
  </build>

Any ideas anyone???
Regards
Steve

Business Applications Unit
Information Services
Corporate Solutions Queensland
L4, 75 William Street, Brisbane Q 4000

Phone: 07 323 71407
Fax: 07 322 58048
Mobile: 0403 070464
Email: steve.dalton@csq.qld.gov.au

This E-Mail is intended only for the addressee. Its use is limited to that
intended by the author at the time and it is not to be distributed without the
author's consent. Unless otherwise stated, the State of Queensland accepts no
liability for the contents of this E-Mail except where subsequently confirmed in
writing. The opinions expressed in this E-Mail are those of the author and do
not necessarily represent the views of the State of Queensland. This E-Mail is
confidential and may be subject to a claim of legal privilege.

If you have received this E-Mail in error, please notify the author
and delete this message immediately.
!DEPTSTAMP1!