archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Giving up on Archiva
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 00:53:06 GMT
On 1/4/07, drekka <derek.clarkson@aegeon.com.au> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've now been struggling with Archiva for over two days and we are going to
> drop it. All we wanted to do was:

Thanks for the email Derek, it's very constructive criticism.

> 1. Have a local company repository so that we can centrally store built
> artifacts such as jars.
> 2. Have requests for artifacts from central automatically cached in the
> repository so that when the next programmer requests it, it is downloaded
> from there rather than across the net. I.e. proxying central.

Would you have an internal repository and an external repository (via
maven proxy)? ie: two repositories for internal developers to hit. Or
would you want the local company repository jars to be seen through
the same proxy so just the one url for your developers?

I've been ignoring proxying up til now when I play with Archiva as my
interests are in repository visualization, but I'm quite happy to
embrace your use case so I can have a test and raise some bugs.

Hen