archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Ryan, Scott D" <scr...@alservices.com>
Subject RE: download artefacts from managed repositories
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 18:51:55 GMT
I am having a similar issue.  I have defined several managed
repositories but the only ones that are consulted for artifacts are
those that have proxies defined.  I got around that by creating dummy
managed repositories and proxying them out to the real ones but that is
not a very secure solution.

Here are some questions that I would love to understand when setting up
my repos.

Can I push artifacts to specific managed repositories via the proxy url.
(ie. http://localhost:8080/archiva/proxy/<repoId>/)

Can I download artifacts from only certain repositories if desired (ie.
http://localhost:8080/archiva/proxy/<repoId>/)

Can I access specific repositories by name rather than all of them.
	For example I have a repository that I push artifacts to for
dev, qa, stage and prod.  When I build I want to only upload and
download to those repositories and some of my open source repos.  This
allows me to build using profiles for all of my environments without
risk of intermixing artifacts from different environments.

It would really help to clarify a set of use cases for how to set up a
group of proxied and managed repositories for a complex enterprise.
Once I understand how this all works I am more than happy to write a
section for inclusion in the user guide.

Scott D. Ryan
Senior Java Developer/Architect
Aurora Loan Services
10350 Park Meadows Drive