archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Archiva as a Mirror
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 03:28:58 GMT
Hi Andreas,

The first thing that you should know is that this code isn't all
finished (nor the documentation, as you can tell).

Once you have created a managed repository + proxy, you can use:
http://localhost:8080/proxy/
from Maven (assuming the repository manager is http://localhost:8080/).

This will trigger downloads internally as needed to retrieve the
artifacts.

If you have multiple managed repositories that proxy to others, you
can use:
http://localhost:8080/proxy/repository_id/

As for indexing, this runs hourly by default. Currently, the proxy
doesn't automatically index new artifacts though there is an issue
open to do that.

- Brett