ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Cassee, Nathan" <n.w.cas...@tue.nl>
Subject RE: [Academic study] how do OSS developers annotate Technical Debt?
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2021 19:09:47 GMT
Apologies, but it came to our attention that the url in the original mail was bad. Please see
https://forms.office.com/r/QmrtwiA296 for the correct url.

Regards,

Nathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Cassee, Nathan <n.w.cassee@tue.nl>
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2021 3:27 PM
To: dev@ant.apache.org
Subject: [Academic study] how do OSS developers annotate Technical Debt?

Hello,

We're a team of Software Engineering researchers investigating technical debt. Technical debt
refers to "not quite right code which we postpone making it right" (Cunningham) and this may
often introduce a cost. More specifically, the aim of this study is to gather information
on how open source developers respond to specific source code phenomena such as partially
or wrongly implemented functionality. With the results of this study we aim to create a better
understanding of how developers annotate issues in source code. These results will be used
to support prioritisation of maintenance activities in software systems. The survey data will
be collected, analyzed and stored so that research questions can be answered and the results
can be published. Since the survey is anonymous, no personal information is collected. For
the same reason we cannot modify or remove answers upon request.

If you contribute code to this project you can help us out by filling out the following survey:
https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforms.office.com%2Fr%2FQmrtwiA299&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Ce8657dcebe3b498e555e08d979ded181%7Ccc7df24760ce4a0f9d75704cf60efc64%7C1%7C1%7C637674820166439747%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=XvdVunTWFLmh%2B%2B3eP7S%2B8hWF5TSB%2FFaYC6IPvWwoQ7s%3D&amp;reserved=0.
The survey should take you at most 15 minutes.

Thanks in advance,

Nathan