ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jaikiran Pai <jaiki...@apache.org>
Subject RAT report for Ant and our copyright header changes
Date Sun, 01 Sep 2019 05:40:58 GMT
Our Ant Rat reports have been complaining[1] about "unknown" license
headers on (all) our source files. This has to do with the recent change
where we changed the reference
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 to
https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 (http -> https). Based on a
previous discussion here[2], I believe the change that has been done in
these source files is correct and doesn't need to be reverted. I have
updated our build file to introduce a custom license matcher which
considers the current copyright header (with the https link) as valid
and approved[3]. Long term, this needs to be communicated/discussed with
the RAT project and have it enhanced there.

I will continue with the release plans that I had for today and start
the RC release of 1.10.7 for Ant. We can always veto the release if this
change isn't valid.

[1]
https://builds.apache.org/view/A/view/Ant/job/Ant_Nightly/1127/artifact/build/reports/rat/report.txt/*view*/

[2] https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@ant.apache.org/msg48007.html