ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jaikiran Pai <jaiki...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ant] branch master updated: Clarify the snapcraft release command
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2019 07:15:47 GMT
Hi Stefan,

On 05/09/19 12:38 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2019-09-05, <jaikiran@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> -    $ snapcraft release ant REVISION latest/stable 1.10/stable
>> +    $ snapcraft release ant REVISION latest/stable
>> +    $ snapcraft release ant REVISION 1.10/stable
> I'm pretty sure I've done it with the single command when I published
> 1.10.6, but I may be wrong. Also the snapcraft CLI may have changed in
> between.

I think maybe they changed their CLI. When I ran the following during
the release:

snapcraft release ant 13 latest/stable 1.10/stable

I kept getting an error:

Usage: snapcraft release [OPTIONS] <snap-name> <revision> <channels>
Try "snapcraft release -h" for help.

Error: Got unexpected extra argument (1.10/stable)

Splitting them up into two, worked fine.

Now that I have a few minutes, I checked their documentation (snapcraft
release -h) and that states:

"Release <snap-name> on <revision> to the selected store <channels>.
  <channels> is a comma separated list of valid channels on the store.

..."

So if I had used a comma separated list, I guess that would have worked too.

-Jaikiran