ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dalibor Topic <dalibor.to...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: JDK 12 enters Rampdown Phase Two
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2019 09:21:04 GMT

On 23.01.2019 08:56, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
> Our Ant testsuite against this EA version of JDK 13 has passed fine on
> Linux. However, one of our other projects within the Ant umbrella has
> shown an issue with the Jacoco library usage (which internally uses ASM
> library). Narrowing this down to a simple standalone Java program has
> shown that this version of Java isn't compatible with ASM 7.0. It runs into:
>

> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 57
>      at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:184)
>      at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:166)
>      at org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.<init>(ClassReader.java:152)
>

> while trying to instrument a class compiled with that JDK 13 EA build. I
> haven't yet had a chance to see if there's a newer version of ASM which
> works against this version, but my quick checks haven't shown any newer
> versions.

Hi Jaikiran,

the changes for experimental support of JDK 13 bytecode have just gone
into jacoco, per https://github.com/jacoco/jacoco/pull/835 .

cheers,
dalibor topic

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Dalibor Topic | Principal Product Manager

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Kühnehöfe 5 | D-22761 Hamburg

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Handelsregister der Handelskammer Midden-Nederland, Nr. 30143697