ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Testing IvyDE
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2018 12:01:56 GMT

On 01/07/18 6:35 PM, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:
> Le 28 juin 2018 à 08:41, Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2013@gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> On 27/06/18 10:12 PM, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:
>>> Since there is a work around (hitting refresh after resolve) and it is an RC,
we could ship it like that and fix it later. But due to the automatic update via the update
site, I bet most users will update even if it is an RC. So I am not sure what I should vote.
So I vote -0 for me for now.
>> I was reserving my vote just for this reason. I don't use Eclipse so I wanted to
see if someone more familiar with it has an opinion about this bug. You are right that it's
going to end up affecting everyone once we release this. Given that the purpose of this release
is revive this project a bit and not break setups where things are working fine and the fact
that this will end up being an annoying kind of workaround (having to hit refresh after resolve),
I don't see rushing this release without fixing this issue serves any purpose.

>> So I'll vote a -1 on this now. I know we have gone through 3 voting rounds for this
release, so thank you everyone for being patient and testing out the binaries. I'll file this
issue in JIRA and hopefully spend some time in Eclipse this weekend to try and sort this out.
> I have found the issue and pushed a fix.
Thank you.

> I am then worried that the master is not well tested nor used after the big cleanups.
Yes, I agree.

> So I suggest we do a little testing now of the master.
>
> To help with that, there is a folder in the IvyDE project which contains projects ready
to be imported into Eclipse, they are samples of many different configurations which should
be supported
I'll test some of these out during the week.

-Jaikiran