ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FileUtils.normalize/isLeadingPath have bitten me
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2018 14:58:47 GMT
Hi Stefan,

I did some testing manually for this new method, with both symlinks and
non-symlinks with both the string check version and the getParent()
version. In both of those, I couldn't get it to break in any odd ways
(which is a good thing). It also means that my theory that the string
comparison may not always be a best idea is just theoretical. However, I
just feel a bit more comfortable seeing the getParent() version since
that then removes any kind of file separator or odd backslash/frontslash
permutations that we may not have thought of and instead leaves it to
the JRE implementation to deal with it. Again, this is me being a bit
paranoid than any real demoable issue with the string comparison code.
So thank you for using the getParent() call in this implementation.

At this point, I think these commits address the issue that we sought
out to fix. So unless someone else sees any issues, I think we can go
ahead and do the release that you had planned for.

-Jaikiran