ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Testing IvyDE
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2018 13:05:23 GMT
Le 28 juin 2018 à 08:41, Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2013@gmail.com> a écrit :

> On 27/06/18 10:12 PM, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:
>> Since there is a work around (hitting refresh after resolve) and it is an RC, we
could ship it like that and fix it later. But due to the automatic update via the update site,
I bet most users will update even if it is an RC. So I am not sure what I should vote. So
I vote -0 for me for now.
> I was reserving my vote just for this reason. I don't use Eclipse so I wanted to see
if someone more familiar with it has an opinion about this bug. You are right that it's going
to end up affecting everyone once we release this. Given that the purpose of this release
is revive this project a bit and not break setups where things are working fine and the fact
that this will end up being an annoying kind of workaround (having to hit refresh after resolve),
I don't see rushing this release without fixing this issue serves any purpose.

> So I'll vote a -1 on this now. I know we have gone through 3 voting rounds for this release,
so thank you everyone for being patient and testing out the binaries. I'll file this issue
in JIRA and hopefully spend some time in Eclipse this weekend to try and sort this out.

I have found the issue and pushed a fix.

I am then worried that the master is not well tested nor used after the big cleanups. Two
big bugs were raised during the release process.

So I suggest we do a little testing now of the master.

To help with that, there is a folder in the IvyDE project which contains projects ready to
be imported into Eclipse, they are samples of many different configurations which should be
supported:
https://github.com/apache/ant-ivyde/tree/master/test <https://github.com/apache/ant-ivyde/tree/master/test>
And the last build can be installed from an update site built there:
https://builds.apache.org/view/A/view/Ant/job/IvyDE-updatesite/ <https://builds.apache.org/view/A/view/Ant/job/IvyDE-updatesite/>

Nicolas