ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: .git(modules|attributes|ignore) files in source dists?
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2018 03:43:23 GMT
I don't have a preference on whether or not to include the SCM related
files, but at least in the recent IvyDE release process, I setup the
build to use "git archive" command to generate these source tar/zip
packages[1]. The documentation of git archive doesn't explicitly state
anything about files like .gitignore being packaged into the archive. So
I looked into the generated source tar and those are indeed present.

I actually can't think of a reason why we should exclude these files.

[1] https://github.com/apache/ant-ivyde/blob/master/build.xml

-Jaikiran