ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject .git(modules|attributes|ignore) files in source dists?
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2018 14:42:17 GMT
Hi all

when I set up the build for AntUnit I realized the source tarball didn't
contain the git config files that are part of the source repo and
changed the antlibs-common module to include them (they are part of
Ant's defaultexcludes for DirectoryScanner).

Later it dawned on me this may not be a good idea as we don't include
anything else that is SCM related either, so maybe not including the
files has been the correct choice all along.

Any opinions on whether we should include or exclude them?

Stefan