ant-dev mailing list archives

From Gintautas Grigelionis <g.grigelio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Parameterized Tests (was Re: ant git commit: Inline buildfile names, make search easier)
Date Thu, 03 May 2018 13:10:01 GMT

> I'm still not sure I understand which benefit you see by retrofitting
> tests that have been written before @Parameterized was invented. They do
> contain way too many asserts in a single test method, but all of them
> pass, so this is somewhat moot as long as neither the test nor the code
> under test is touched :-).

The benefit is clarity of what is being tested. This perhaps pertains even
more to extraction of fixtures which lead to splitting up of test cases.
Regarding @Parameterized, it is said that it's easier to understand complex
data than complex code.
It's also easier to add new test cases should the need arise, less chance
of missed annotation or copy-pasting a target name.
Call it code churning, but churning actually separates butter from
buttermilk :-)

Gintas