ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Parameterized Tests (was Re: ant git commit: Inline buildfile names, make search easier)
Date Sat, 05 May 2018 15:58:14 GMT
On 2018-05-03, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

>> I'm still not sure I understand which benefit you see by retrofitting
>> tests that have been written before @Parameterized was invented. They do
>> contain way too many asserts in a single test method, but all of them
>> pass, so this is somewhat moot as long as neither the test nor the code
>> under test is touched :-).

> The benefit is clarity of what is being tested.

This is why I'm totally in favor of using them for new tests or when
adding new testcases to existing tests or when changing code under
test. This has not been my question. :-)

What is the benefit of changing tests that currently pass when neither
the test itself nor the code under test is changed?

Stefan