ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ant git commit: Inline buildfile names, make search easier
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2018 10:43:22 GMT

On 30/04/18 12:52 PM, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:
> My apologies for offending anyone; just one last silly question: why
> uniformity is not a requirement?
I think it has already been explained in the other thread why it's not a
necessity for a project as large and as old as this one, especially when
the changes aren't solving anything. Plus, I believe you even agreed to
it, when this was explained in that other thread.

Either way, this isn't about uniformity. Take a look at this commit for
example (and it's just one of the many). It was done, as you admit,
because you wanted to find a particular piece of text when you run "grep
configureProject". There's no level of uniformity that can solve such
random requirements, unless of course the code is auto-generated to fit
in these requirements.

> I believe that even one language that espoused TMTOWDI has moved to
> TIMTOWTDIBSCINABTE?
Sorry, I really don't know what that means or how that relates to what
we are discussing.

-Jaikiran