ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mass changes to various projects under Ant umbrella - should we be doing it?
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2018 06:25:36 GMT

On 10/04/18 12:27 AM, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

>> I don't believe woking well tested code rots. Code rot is something that
>> happends when code doesn't get adapted to changing environments or
>> requirements. This is not the case here.
>
> I wrote earlier that I was about to review the unit tests.
> I was particularly unhappy about the root-property hack for an ancient
> deficiency in Surefire.
I checked some of the mail discussions, but couldn't find any relevant
details about this. Can you explain what the root-property hack is? I
also don't understand how Surefire is related to our tests, which are
run using the junit and ant-unit framework. If I missed some previous
discussion, please pointme to it and I'll read up on that.

> I consider my previous commits a sort of a groundwork for refactorisation
> of JUnit tests.
Considering the commits that have been made (even just considering only
the Ant ones), I don't see how those relate to some plan to refactor
JUnit tests.

-Jaikiran