ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ant git commit: Inline buildfile names, make search easier
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2018 13:13:05 GMT
On 2018-04-30, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> I do realize that some changes might be a subject for discussion;

Gintas, please try to see what the others are saying. Most of the
changes are changes that nobody of those who've spoken up consider
improvements at all - apart from yourself. The outcome of the discussion
is pretty clear and this includes changes you don't even consider
subject for discussion.

> the overarching goal, however, is to reduce verbosity, because
> verbosity makes it easier to hide mistakes.

This is your goal and we should have decided together whether we agree
on this goal. The answer seems to be that we don't.

Stefan