ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Use of org.hamcrest.Matchers
Date Sun, 22 Apr 2018 08:45:52 GMT
Hi

when Apache Gump builds Ant it builds it against Hamcrest 2.x which used
to work fine as long as we didn't use many matchers. It looks as if one
of the breaking changes introduced with Hamcrest 2.x is the removal of
the Matchers class. See

http://vmgump-vm3.apache.org/ant/dist-ant/gump_work/build_ant_dist-ant.html

I know we stopped monitoring Gump builds a long time ago and changing
the code to adapt to breaking changes in other libraries feels strange,
but would anybod mind if I changed the imports to ones that should work
with both Hamcrest 1.x and 2.x? I.e. replace

import static org.hamcrest.Matchers.containsString;

with

import static org.hamcrest.core.StringContains.containsString;

?

Stefan