ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Ant JUnit tests
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2018 15:26:12 GMT

> Le 20 avr. 2018 à 07:09, Gintautas Grigelionis <g.grigelionis@gmail.com> a écrit
:

> I am refactoring Ant JUnit tests with a goal to make them more
> "IDE-friendly". I found several tests that are implictly dependent on
> ant.home property being set. In these cases, the test should be prevented
> from execution by adding an assumption; however, perhaps there might be a
> suitable default, like basedir + "/bootstrap" or some other location that
> might be suggested in, say, javadoc?

Rather than being skipped, it would prefer that such tests fail. I would assume that the test
being skipped are only the tests that I cannot run, like the one testing a special feature
of Windows while I am on MacOS. If it is just about an incorrect configuration of my IDE,
I would want to be clearly notified that I can do something to run the tests, rather than
silently skipping such tests. Because in the end I would want to run such tests.

Nicolas