ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
Subject Mass changes to various projects under Ant umbrella - should we be doing it?
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2018 05:41:02 GMT
I don't mean to appear authoritative but I feel that these mass,
never-ending changes to various projects under the Ant umbrella, related
to formatting, coding style, whitespaces, syntax changes and such aren't
really worth it. Especially when a lot of those changes are merely, IMO,
personal preferences, to code that has been around for a long time now.
It's extremely hard to do any kind of review for such changes and IMO
they really don't add any value. I can understand if the changes are
being done in specific section when a bug or feature involves that
specific area of code, but a lot of these commits aren't of that nature.

I haven't been long around in the project, to have any kind of authority
on this matter, but having been involved in some other open source
projects, changes like these aren't really good nor are typically
considered required or accepted.

Could we please reconsider whether or not we should be doing such changes?

-Jaikiran