ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
Subject Snapshot access to regular users of Ant
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2018 12:07:37 GMT
I was about to send a mail to the user mailing list about the Ant
nightly job which publishes the daily snapshots, so that they can test
some bug fixes and new features (JUnit 5 in particular). However, I
happened to read the Apache release policy[1] which states regular users
aren't even meant to know about such snapshots.

That seems a bit too restrictive, especially for open source projects.
Is that documentation being followed and if it is, then I guess I
shouldn't be letting the user@ mailing list know about these snapshots
nor ask them to test out the new feature?

After reading that policy, I'm starting to wonder if the Jenkins job
should even publish these snapshots.

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#publication

-Jaikiran