ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 1.9.10 and Ivy
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2018 20:21:07 GMT
On 2018-02-27, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> More specifically, that's Ant 1.10.2 thing... so, one more regression in
> master, I suppose. 1.10.1 and 1.9.10 work fine.

> Gintas

>> After Ant dependency in Ivy was updated to 1.9.10, I'm getting

>>     [javac] /Users/gintas/Projects/ant-ivy-asf/src/java/org/apache/
>> ivy/ant/IvyCacheFileset.java:206: error: clone() in EmptyFileSet cannot
>> override clone() in FileSet
>>     [javac]         public Object clone() {
>>     [javac]                       ^
>>     [javac]   return type Object is not compatible with FileSet

This is part of the big patch that changed a lot of things. It also
changed all clone() implementations to use co-variant return types and
thus broke all subclasses that override the traditional clone signature.

I'll grep through the sources and revert all changes to clone
signatures unless anybody else beats me to it.

Many thanks for pointing out the problem.

Stefan