ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant Release Process
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2018 17:20:18 GMT
On 2018-01-20, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

> To recap, I would like ivy.xml to be one central descriptor of all
> dependencies and all artifacts (including the distribution archives) that
> are produced and published by the project. The release process should use
> that single descriptor by applying a single tool (Ivy) in all steps that
> need to resolve the dependencies or publish the artifacts.

> The problem is that using a single descriptor for development, installation
> and release exposes redundancies and accrecion of diverse tools in the
> release process. I understand some discomfort caused by that, but I hope
> that we may continue the dialog.

What I want is control over what I publish. I want to be able to verify
everything that gets uploaded anywhere on my local box. If this is
possible, I can probably adapt to changed tooling.

Also I'd strongly prefer to not pass any password or passphrase via a
command line option or a file I need to store on disk, but this is
currently not possible either (Ivy needs my Nexus password and I always
twitch when I cut a release).

Stefan