ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cutting new releases?
Date Sat, 27 Jan 2018 03:02:52 GMT

On 26/01/18 11:15 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Does anybody feel either of the two branches isn't stable enough or is
> anybody currently working on/looking into soemthing that should delay
> releases?

I have been working on support for JUnit5 and incidentally was about to
create a initial PR for review/merge this weekend. Here's[1] the first
working version of it. Please review, I'll send an official PR soon. I
have some cosmetic changes, javadocs and other things planned in there
before we merge it, plus I want to add at least one test which tests
against pure (a.k.a "jupiter" engine) JUnit 5 test case. The current
added tests verify the new task against "vintage" JUnit tests, which are
supported by JUnit 5. Plus of course, I have to create a manual for this
task. I have explained this task and the plan/goals in more detail in
the other thread in this list.

As to whether this task should hold up the release is something that I
will leave to Stefan and others to decide. Personally, I have no strong
opinion on either way about this task making it to this release.
However, my plan is to make this task available this weekend to an
extent that it can be used for the basic minimal functionality and then
keep adding anything more that we want in this task in future releases.
More details about this are in the other thread.

[1] https://github.com/apache/ant/compare/master...jaikiran:junit5

-Jaikiran