ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JDK 10 Early Access b33 and JDK 8u162 Early Access b03 are available on jdk.java.net
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2017 17:14:55 GMT
On 2017-11-28, Rory O'Donnell wrote:

> *JDK 10 Early Access  build 33 is available at : - **jdk.java.net/10/*

Good news, I've bootstrapped Ant's master branch and run all tests
without any failure. Given the changes in the build vs Java9 I didn't
expect anything to break anyway. Ant currently detect the EA build as
Java9 which is something we'll need to work on.

Of the JEPs scheduled or proposed I only expect JEP 313 to affect
us. Our manual of the javah task already directs users of Java8 and
above to javac with -h and we mention that javah is scheduled to be
removed. But much like we do with the apt task in Ant 1.9.x we should
probably fail with a useful error message if javah is used but no longer
supported.

When do you expect to know whether JEP 313 is going to make it into
Java10?

Cheers

        Stefan