ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new JDK version scheme
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2017 06:58:16 GMT
In their JEP[1] (based on which this got implemented), it does recommend
relying on this "java.specification.version" whose value is expected to
be an integer (for Java releases starting Java 9). There's a table in
that [1] which has the values for this system property for hypothetical
release numbers. Furthermore, starting Java 9, there's even a new API[2]
available to deal with these version numbers in a much cleaner and more
flexible way from within the code. However, that obviously is only
usable when we move to Java 9 as the minimum required compile/runtime
version.

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/223

[2]
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/9/docs/api/java/lang/Runtime.html#version--