ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: (IVY-1502) Be a nice freedesktop citizen, move the ~/.ivy to the appropriate location
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2017 14:36:47 GMT
On 31 October 2017 at 04:06, Jan Matèrne (jhm) <apache@materne.de> wrote:

> Has someone heard from that XDG-specification before?

You mean the ~/.local directory and XDG_* environment variables? Yeah, I've
used them before, but tons of applications still spam the home directory
with config files, so it's only a partial solution.

> Are there other "usually used directories" for other platforms than
> FreeDesktop?

On macOS, there's ~/Library which would be the appropriate place for
dumping config, caches, etc.

--
Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>