ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Ivy upcoming release - where we stand
Date Sun, 24 Sep 2017 12:53:24 GMT

> Le 11 sept. 2017 à 17:05, Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2013@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> It's been a while since we have decided to revive the Ivy project and work towards a
usable release. Since then, we have fixed a good number of bugs, added some enhancements and
updated the documentation (we also switched to asciidoc based docs internally). When we started
this, the goal was to reach a certain state where we can do a release. At this point, IMO,
we are _almost_ there to do the release. I say almost because, there's one specific bug that
I want to be fixed in this release - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-1485. There's
been a discussion about what it involves and why it isn't an easy fix in this mailing list
before. I have been working on it and as was expected, it's a bit complex and since it touches
a critical part of the code, I don't want to rush it.

> The past few weeks, I have been shifting between this issue and fixing certain other
issues that have been reported in JIRA. But at this point, I plan to just focus on this single
issue (and one minor task involving reviewing the tutorial docs), before I personally consider
things done for this release.

I don’t want to rush it either, but it was IVY-1485 which reanimated the community. I would
be disappointed it a fix is not included for that bug.
We can be several to look at it. Don’t hesitate to show some work in progress or ask for
help.

Nicolas