ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
Subject Ivy upcoming release - where we stand
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2017 15:05:34 GMT
It's been a while since we have decided to revive the Ivy project and
work towards a usable release. Since then, we have fixed a good number
of bugs, added some enhancements and updated the documentation (we also
switched to asciidoc based docs internally). When we started this, the
goal was to reach a certain state where we can do a release. At this
point, IMO, we are _almost_ there to do the release. I say almost
because, there's one specific bug that I want to be fixed in this
release - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-1485. There's been a
discussion about what it involves and why it isn't an easy fix in this
mailing list before. I have been working on it and as was expected, it's
a bit complex and since it touches a critical part of the code, I don't
want to rush it.

The past few weeks, I have been shifting between this issue and fixing
certain other issues that have been reported in JIRA. But at this point,
I plan to just focus on this single issue (and one minor task involving
reviewing the tutorial docs), before I personally consider things done
for this release.

-Jaikiran