ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Matèrne (jhm) <apa...@materne.de>
Subject AW: Ivy upcoming release - where we stand
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2017 12:51:05 GMT
> I'm closing in on IVY-1420; it's Willem's patch + writeInheritedItems
> for entire inherited configurations/dependencies blocks (and another
> test case for that).

good.

> PR-57 breaks BC but mitigates that except for a special case. Anyway,
> why must every release be a drop-in replacement for the previous one?

It does not have to.
With a drop-in replacement it is easier to update for the users. ;-)
And with the upcoming 2.5.0 I would it make as easy as possible, because it is the first release
after a long time.

We could discuss major or BC-breaking changes after that. Maybe call the next release 3.x

Jan