ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Ivy - we have now moved to asciidoc for docs
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2017 22:08:46 GMT

> Le 19 juin 2017 à 04:52, Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2013@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> The documentation for ant-ivy project has now been migrated to asciidoc. The migration
used a tool developed by Nicolas to migrate the xooki backed HTML docs to asciidoc. This tool
auto-generated the asciidoc text and for most part no other changes were needed. However,
there are some fixes the generated asciidoc will need which I’m doing and will continue
to do in the coming days to fix any issues with the generated doc. Once the fixes are done,
soon, we’ll remove the xooki backed documentation completely from our git repo. For now
though, any new documentation or changes should go into the asciidoc files.

I did a general grep about finding non translated html markup, and I have cleaned the ones
I have found.
I have pushed the result here: http://people.apache.org/~hibou/doc/ <http://people.apache.org/~hibou/doc/>

Probably we can start pushing it to the site, since there is section dedicated to the trunk
version of the doc (which should be probably renamed master).
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/index.html <http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/index.html>
It would be an opportunity to get an idea of what would it mean when a release will happen.

I have noticed one bug in the generation of the toc. There is notion of abstract node, which
has a title but no link, it shouldn’t be clickable. But for instance the node at Reference/Introduction
is clickable, and sends to the home. This should be fixed. I mentioning it if somebody wants
to look at it, before me.

And just an idea: since there are a lot of pages, maybe we could organize a review at many,
without useless double checks. I see 4 big parts in the doc: the ant tasks, the pages related
to the ivy file, the pages related to the ivysettings, and the other pages. If 4 volunteers
can do a quick review of each page, I think we can be pretty confident that we didn’t leave
any ugliness somewhere. The goal wouldn’t to do a fine grain review, but ensure that everything
is readable. wdyt ?

Nicolas