ant-dev mailing list archives

From J Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
Subject IvyDE JIRA issues and changes for proposed release?
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2017 03:22:05 GMT
There’s been some good progress on reviving the Ivy project (thanks Nicolas and Jan for helping
out with the reviews and merging PRs) and we seem to be moving towards a state where the release
is a possibility. The other project IvyDE (the Eclipse plugin) however needs a bit more push
I think.

I am not a Eclipse user nor do I have any experience with plugin development, so there’s
not much I can contribute on that front. However, there has been an external community member
whose team(?) seemed to be interested in contributing to that plugin and in fact seem to have
built some features on top of the current state of the plugin, in their own fork. They even
proposed the contribution on the mailing list[1]. I suggested they raise a PR (to make it
easier for review), but haven’t heard back. Given that and things in general, do we have
someone who has experience of the code base plus Eclipse plugins who can help review that
code? Furthermore, is there anything else the user has to do (like signing some CLA) for that
contribution?

I think in general, do we have someone experienced with the plugin who can look at some of
the IvyDE open JIRA issues/enhancements and decide which ones to fix in the upcoming release
and make sure things work fine with the proposed Ivy release itself?

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@ant.apache.org/msg45486.html

-Jaikiran