ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy 2.5 and generics
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2017 11:35:04 GMT
Gintas, can you list the exact nature of changes for some specific classes that you think this
effort might involve? I know you already sent me some samples, but it would be good if the
rest know what kind of changes are involved.

Personally, my opinion on this is - if it’s internal implementation details that this change
involves (like private fields or methods of certain classes), it’s fine to do that in the
upcoming release. But if it’s more than that, then IMO, we should hold on to that for a
bit and evaluate it in some subsequent release so that we don’t do too many changes without
evaluating the kind of impact it has on the external libraries that use Ivy.

Ultimately, I believe this will come down to a case-by-case basis.

-Jaikiran