ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Jenkins Jobs of Ivy/IvyDE
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:18:11 GMT

> Dropins (or "drops" as they're called in the distributions) is what IvyDE
> builds were based on all the time. I am still confounded why it worked
> before and stopped working now. Yet, reading the documentation I became
> convinced that the dropins must be unpacked in another location. So I just
> wanted to apologize for an erroneous suggestion and share some information
> in order for it to be independently confirmed. I may open a PR, but since
> you're working on this, I assumed that you could move faster than me.

Actually I am not looking into it at the present time. I’ll get into it at some point, if
it is not fixed before. So if you think you can solve this, I’ll welcome your help.

On the side note, I am now an Intellij user, I only start Eclipse to build IvyDE. And I haven’t
done Eclipse plugin development in years, so I am not fast. :)

> There's another issue to be resolved for local builds to work hassle-free
> -- currently, they need an environment variable BUILD_NUMBER set up by
> Jenkins.

Is it required ? This env variable is only needed when calling the jenkins target. In a dev
environment we shouldn't call them.

I think in this mailing list we told to run some jenkins target to make easier the setup of
the dev environment. But it as actually to call the targets which download and setup Eclipse.
That’s why I renamed them, so we should continue to make the proper distinction to the tweaks
for Jenkins, and the dev targets.

Nicolas