ant-dev mailing list archives

From Gary M <ga...@oedata.com>
Subject Re: Returning CAB file support to ANT
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2016 19:27:36 GMT
Hi everyone,

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Thanks for the link to the developer's page.

To clarify my post to the list, cab support is already built into ant.
However the optional jar is not built, it has been remove from the
build.xml.

I want to re-factor cab.java to support M$ new cab file utility, and in
that process not violate the established practices and style making ant a
great product. This also means to keep the current API and functionality,
not to break any regression, back compatibility to existing deployments,
and migrations to more modern environments..

The questions I have:

1) Should I keep the cabarc.exe support and detect the new makecab utility
or remove existing cabarc.exe support ?
2) Is there a style guidance for build.xml file ? (I don't want to submit
something that violates best practices)

v/r
gary