ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [2/2] ant git commit: symlink and executable file selectors
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2016 22:00:10 GMT
Hello Stefan,

there is a command mklink on Windows [1] which is described as being able to create symbolic
links.
There is also an API function CreateSymbolicLink [2].

Concerning executable files, it seems that the executable nature of a file depends upon its
extension, see [3].
So maybe if we create a file xyz.bat the file should be found executable.
What I do not understand is that I have practical remembrances of changing the executable
flag of a file under cygwin and this “chmod” command allowing dll s to actually work on
Windows after they were untarred or copied with cygwin utilities.

I hope this helps.

Using a library called jna (java native access) [4] we could call system level methods from
java and make them available within ant tasks for testing or production purposes.

Regards,

Antoine

[1] https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753194.aspx
[2] https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa363878%28v=vs.85%29.aspx